- This event has passed.
Vitamins, herbal supplements & herbs for women 40+
May 28, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$15
Herbal supplements are non-hormonal therapies, available over-the counter OTC (sold without a prescription). Herbal supplements are used widely in the treatment of hot flashes by women all over the world. Businesses have realized the commercial potential of herbal supplements and have come up with a vast array of products to treat menopausal symptoms.
There’s a wide array of products claimed to help women in menopause, like black cohosh, dong quai, evening primrose oil, flaxseed, ginseng, hops, maca, omega-3 fatty acids, pine bark, pollen extract, sage, soy, and siberian rhubarb, but are they really effective? And safe?
There are few studies done by manufacturers on the efficacy and safety of herbal supplements.
In this workshop you should learn
- what products work, are safe and effective
- how to use them properly
- what products may be appropriate for you
If you are a 2019 member of the WHIM (Women’s Health In Midlife) Network use Promo Code MEMBER to attend this online meeting FREE.
If you’re not yet a 2019 WHIM (Women’s Health In Midlife) Network member, the cost of this ticket will be deducted from your annual membership fee of $60 if you decide to become a member during this event.
Are you between 40 and 65 years of age and interested in…
- Knowing more about health and well-being in midlife?
- Socializing, interacting, and connecting with women going through similar experiences?
- Discover other women’s interests, needs, wants, and whims?
- Supporting and being supported by other midlife women?
If you are then you are a good candidate for the WHIM Network!
With the annual WHIM (Women’s Health In Midlife) Network membership you will enjoy:
- an in-person free monthly meeting
- an online free monthly meeting
- a free monthly newsletter delivered to your inbox
- access to a closed Facebook Group
If you would like to become a member of the WHIM Network, you can learn more and register at https://menopaused.org/whim/