Last month I wrote a blog for MOMPRENEURS titled “Let’s Talk About Menopause”.
In the blog, I ask perhaps the most perplexing question of menopause: If all women go through menopause, why are most unprepared for it?
I take you through my personal journey and I address some of the major symptoms of menopause:
- mood swings
- physical, cognitive, and emotional changes
- brain fog – difficulty concentrating and staying focused
- irregular periods
- breast pain
- fatigue and lack of energy
- aches and pains
- continual headaches
- hot flashes
And I define a few terms: perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause.
My conclusion is happily upbeat: “Menopause is part of midlife and has some bumps but it doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom. Even though each woman experiences menopause in her own way, we all share many similar experiences. We are not alone, and there’s help!”
You can read my full post “Let’s Talk About Menopause” here.
And remember, there’s help, I can help you!
Would you like to become a member of my WHIM (Women’s Health In Midlife) Network?
Are you between 40 and 65 years of age and interested in…
- Knowing more about health and well-being in midlife?
- Finally putting yourself at the top of your list and looking after your well-being?
- Mingling, socializing, interacting, and talking to other midlife women?
- Supporting and being supported by other women like you?
Find out more and become a member here!